2. We’ve Got Just the Accommodations and Facilities You Need! Arlington has 38 hotels, nearly 10,000 lodging rooms, and more than 290,000 square feet of meeting space. Ranging from boutique accommodations to full-service hotels, Arlington offers various styles, facilities, and service options to suit any meeting.
3. You’ll Get Great Value! By meeting just across the river from Washington, D.C., you’ll discover average daily rates up to 20 percent less than those at many downtown hotels – with the same great convenience and amenities. And since most of our hotels are within a quick walk of Metro, your attendees can get around car-free!
4. There’s Shopping Galore! From national retailers like Nordstrom and Macy’s to funky, one-of-a-kind boutiques, Arlington’s shopping has you covered. Venues include Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, Pentagon Row, The Commons Clarendon, Ballston Quarter, and the Crystal City Shops. And, we’re just 30 miles from the Potomac Mills and Leesburg Corner outlets.
5. Our Dining and Nightlife Rock! From diverse global cuisines – Vietnamese, Thai, Ethiopian, Latin American, Indian, and Lebanese, to name a few – to familiar American favorites, Arlington restaurants have exactly what you’re craving. Options range from casual to white-tablecloth, intimate spots to large venues. And there is plenty of after-dinner fun at many lounges, pubs, wine bars, sports bars, and live music/dance venues.
6. Arlington Arts Are on the Cutting Edge! With 1,500-plus events a year, Arlington gets a standing ovation for its arts experiences. Dubbed a “hotbed of cultural abandon” by The Washington Post, Arlington’s home nationally acclaimed companies, including Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre, Synetic Theater, WSC Avant Bard, and Bowen McCauley Dance. There’s fantastic live music, too!
7. Our National Historic Attractions Will Move You! Arlington is home to many historical sites, such as Arlington National Cemetery, the Military Women's Memorial, the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), the Air Force Memorial, the National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, and more. Plus, we offer visitors easy access to the National Mall, monuments, and world-renowned Smithsonian museums. And the best part is that almost all of this history is yours, FREE!
8. We Combine an Urban Vibe with Neighborhood Charm! Renowned for its smart growth approach to urban planning, Arlington combines the best of big-city amenities with the warmth and charm of lively neighborhoods. Our Metro-centered urban villages are hip and full of energy while at the same time cozy and hospitable. Each has its own fantastic array of shopping, dining, and entertainment.
9. Arlington and its Hospitality Community Love Being Green! Arlington actively promotes green stewardship through its Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy (AIRE) program. The Arlington Convention and Visitors Service is a Virginia Green Supporting Organization, pledging to promote Virginia Green to its partners and clients; hold green meetings and conferences; and practice recycling and conservation measures that promote good environmental practices. With easy transit options and walkable neighborhoods, you can keep your footprint light and your meeting green in Arlington.
10. Our Mid-Atlantic Climate Is Just Right! Known especially for gorgeous fall and spring weather, Arlington has four distinct but relatively mild seasons. Whether visitors experience the elegant pink of spring cherry blossoms, fall’s vivid foliage, the warmth of summer sidewalk dining, or the haunting beauty of monuments dusted with snow, each season showcases Arlington differently.