Meet Portia Conerly, ACVS Director of Sales
With 31 years of travel industry experience, Arlington Convention and Visitors Service's Director of Sales Portia Conerly has partnered with thousands of meeting and group planners on area events. Portia knows Arlington’s hotels and meeting/event venues inside and out!
You can reach Portia at the office (703-228-0873), on her cell (703-216-7292), or by email.
“As Director of Sales, my role is to connect meeting and group planners with all of Arlington’s partners and resources. It’s very important to me to build long-lasting relationships so that I can best serve as a seamless intermediary when assisting groups. I work with everyone, from 3rd party planners and meeting planners to tour operators and more. It’s also very important to me to showcase Arlington as the diverse and inclusive destination that it is and make everyone feel welcome. I will always go above and beyond to assist my clients every step of the way through the planning process.” – Portia Conerly
Meeting & Group Planner Services:
- Familiarization Tours: Let us guide you through our destination. We can arrange FAM tours for you and your team to get to know our hotels, venues, attractions, and other offerings. NEW: Virtual FAMs and one-on-one virtual introduction calls.
- Hotel Bids: Save time by letting us distribute your Request for Proposal (RFP) to multiple Arlington hotels. At your request, we’ll e-mail your meeting specifications to local properties and assist you in identifying the options that best suit your requirements.
- Site Inspections: When you’ve narrowed down your hotel choices, we’re happy to introduce you to our hotel sales counterparts and to join you on escorted site inspections of the properties you’re considering.
- Service-Provider Referrals: We can also connect you with a wide array of meeting service providers, including local receptive operators, transportation companies, entertainment/talent agencies, caterers, audio/visual companies, speakers bureaus, and photographers.
- Motor Coach Parking: We can assist you in organizing local motor coach parking.
Portia will work closely with the Visitor Services and Marketing teams on additional meeting and convention services and amenities. Including welcome bags, local visitor materials, and microsites.
“I appreciated everything you did to make our experience while in Arlington just perfect.”
- “I appreciated everything you did to make our experience while in Arlington just perfect.” – Association planner
- “All of us deeply appreciate your guidance and assistance with the various aspects of our event arrangements. Thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality.” – Fraternal event planner
- “It has been a blessing having you look out for us and all of our honored veterans.” – Honor flight planner