- Things to Do
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Travel Planning
It's the weekend, which in Arlington means it's time for brunch. Arlingtonians take brunch seriously with heated debates over who has the best brunch in town. From bottomless brunch tapas to Southern classics, Arlington has a global variety of gourmet brunch options, making deciding where to dine a challenge. But don't worry, we've rounded up some of Arlington's hotspots with diner's reviews to make sure your stay with us is deliciously memorable.
1. Carlyle: This high-energy American bistro is a perennial brunch favorite for its excellent service, classic entrees and colorful atmosphere.
"This is a very good spot for Brunch in the heart of Shirlington. Reservations are highly recommended. The wait staff service is excellent. You can not go wrong with any menu entrees. The food was fabulous and I was shocked they had 2 floors. Great food, spot and conversation. I would highly recommend this place for brunch!" (Shakema C. Yelp)
2. Tupelo Honey Café: This Court House cafe is a revival of Southern food and traditions rooted in the Carolina Mountains. Their menu changes seasonally, but brunch hits include their famous fried chicken, waffles, benedicts and biscuits.
"Enjoyed a nice Sunday brunch! I had the steak and eggs, food was good and a size-able portion! Would definitely return to try more items on the menu! Also enjoyed a blueberry and grapefruit mimosa." (Robin R. Yelp)
3. The Liberty Tavern: A local institution, this circa 2007 Clarendon restaurant features fresh, seasonal ingredients prepared by Executive Chef Matt Hill and his team. Their gourmet brunch buffet is a popular option, but the tavern also offers an a la carte menu.
"Best brunch in the area. Totally reasonable price and incredible quality of food. The breakfast pizza, the carving station and their amazing fried chicken are worth it all by themselves. Then add in everything else, including the dessert table with home baked goods and you are stuffed to the brim :)" (Joel B. Yelp)
4. Freddie's Beach Bar & Restaurant: Northern Virginia's only LGBTQ, straight friendly restaurant and bar, Freddie is a lively gathering spot known for its fabulous, diner-style breakfast buffet.
"I have always loved this place as it is so welcoming to everyone and the service is awesome! The brunch we had today was absolutely amazing ! What a wonderful place. Truly a neighborhood gem. If you haven't been to Freddie's you are certainly missing out!" (J T. Yelp)
5. Circa at Clarendon: Clarendon neighborhood bistro serving delicious New American food and drinks.
"One of the best brunch places around DC. Servers are friendly and the food is great. I had the eggs Benedict for brunch and it was pretty good. My friend had the fried chicken sandwich and it turned out great too. Would definitely recommend this place for brunch!" (Sarah S. Yelp)
6. Lyon Hall: A lively neighborhood brasserie, Lyon Hall serves a delicious brunch with European influences. Popular items include housemade doughnuts, house-smoked salmon, and brioche french toast.
"Super cute for brunch date or brunch with a group of friends! I've been here a few times and they have both, indoor and outside seating. Their food is delicious & the service is awesome! Everyone is super helpful with the menu and nice!" (Jennifer B.P. Yelp)
7. Ambar: Serving Balkan small plates, Ambar is a local favorite for brunch, especially for Balkan Experience bottomless brunch. Try the salmon Benedict, the spreads, meat and cheese pies and potato hash.
"Best bottomless brunch I've had!! And such a steal for the DC area - for $34, you can get unlimited drinks and plates with no time limit." -Emily D (Yelp)
8. Buena Vida: Mexican inspired brunch menu with bottomless options and colorful cocktails. Try the .25 cent cocktails, shrimp burger, guacamole and french toast dessert. Head up to the rooftop for drinks and amazing views of Arlington.
"Buena Vida is an excellent option for Sunday brunch. We went for the unlimited brunch option and tried almost every dish on the menu. The menu offers something for everyone with many meat, pescatarian and veggie options. Highly recommended for a modern take on a traditional Latin-inspired brunch. They also offer bottomless drinks and multiple floors of seating. The whole experience is topped off by excellent service." -Chris E. (Yelp)
9. Cava Mezze: This casual Mediterranean hangout is dedicated to shared plates of delicious food, and is known for its bottomless brunch.
"This is the best weekend spot hands down for brunch!! We waited given we didn't make reservations but it's well worth the wait! The bartenders were so friendly, great recommendations with drinks and apps. Go with a group and enjoy the bottomless brunch, it's amazing. It's shareable tapas (small plates) but very good. I highly recommend trying to make reservations though if you're impatient at waiting." (Maya H. Yelp)
10. Bar Bao: East meets West at Bar Bao in Clarendon serving its take on traditional Asian fare. Their bottomless brunch small plates includes Braised Pork Belly Bao, chicken dumplings, and Shiitake Bacon Gravy Biscuits.
"We came for the bottomless brunch and it was great! The 99 cent mimosas were strong and the food was tasty. Our waitress Sara was attentive and funny and gave great recommendations. We were not rushed at all, either, which is rare for Arlington/DC brunches." (Katherine F.)
11. Palette 22: Located in Shirlington, Palette 22 embraces art and creativity serving up incredible flavors from around the world. Their bottomless brunch include churros, brick-oven pizzas, tacos and Spanish tortillas.
"This is one of my FAVORITES... for brunch! I love their brunch. Amazing bottomless menu. Everything is good.. especially the waffles and tacos! Recommend making a reservation or you may be waiting awhile. I'm still not the biggest fan of their dinner menu, but I do love that they have a "pup menu" for dogs on their patio." (Brie H. Yelp)
12. Ser: Though not bottomless, Ser's Spanish brunch is takes you to Spain with traditional tapas, cheeses, charcuterie boards, and fresh seafood.
"I love this place, especially for weekend brunch! Great service, fun cocktails, and the food is authentic and delicious. It's always nice to be able to see (via a large window at Ser) into the kitchen and notice a clean and vibrant environment with everyone working hard." (Marissa B. Yelp)
Hankering for brunch during the week? Check out our round up of everyday breakfast options.
Author: Talia Salem