Arlington County Encourages Wearing Face Masks in Indoor Public Settings
Following an increasing trend of COVID-19 cases in the community, Arlington is experiencing substantial community transmission of COVID-19, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). All jurisdictions immediately surrounding Arlington are also experiencing either moderate or substantial community COVID-19 transmission.
To reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the County recommends following updated guidance from CDC, which advises the general public to wear a mask in public indoor settings with people outside of your home bubble, in areas with either substantial or high transmission.
“In addition to masking per CDC guidance, we strongly encourage our residents who are not vaccinated to get vaccinated,” said Dr. Reuben Varghese, Arlington County Health Director. “Vaccination is the most important public health action to end the COVID-19 pandemic and keep our community open. Getting fully vaccinated significantly reduces the risk of serious illness, hospitalization, and death, even with the Delta variant.”
The Arlington County Public Health Division also reminds residents and visitors that using multiple layers of protection is an effective and commonsense way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread in our community. Layered actions you can take include:
- Choosing outdoor gatherings over indoor gatherings
- Getting tested when symptomatic and staying at home
- Wearing a mask and physically distancing
- Washing hands often
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine
Find a vaccine site near you at vaccines.gov.
Visit arlingtonva.us/covid-19, virginia.gov/coronavirus or call 703-228-7999 for additional information.
- On-Site Airport COVID-19 Testing: The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) is now offering on-site COVID-19 testing to travelers through XpresCheck at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and Dulles International Airport (IAD). These pre-security testing facilities are open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Testing options include a rapid test, with results available in as soon as 30 minutes, and a PCR test, with results available in one to three days. For additional information, pricing or appointments, visit XpresCheck.com and select "Virginia - DCA" or "Virginia - IAD.
- Arlington Health & Safety: Learn about the many ways Arlington and its businesses are addressing Health & Safety during your stay, and what to expect while you’re here.
Updated August 4, 2021