Mount Olive Baptist Church

Near the end of 1873, 85 members of Old Bell Church in Freedman's Village set about to establish a new church under the leadership of Rev. Washington Waller which eventually became Antioch Baptist Church. Antioch Church was later destroyed during one of the federal government's initial attempts to close Freedman's Village. A new building was erected in 1893 and named Mount Olive Baptist Church. Mount Olive moved into its present building in late 1944.

Mount Olive Baptist Church Map