Are we big? Or are we small? Urban or Main Street? Can you be both? Yes!
Arlington is urban, exciting, hip and full of energy. But we’re also hospitable, charming, easy and affordable. Our neighborhoods (we call them urban villages) mix soaring high-rises and turn-of-the-century homes, high-end shopping and funky boutiques, five-star dining and neighborhood pizza places. We’re big but accessible, fast but friendly. So Arlington is the best of both worlds.
Explore Arlington's unique Urban Villages:
- Ballston: A variety of hotels, shopping and dining fit every taste and budget, whether you’re here on a family vacation or a quick business trip.
- Clarendon: Blending nationally-known retailers with funky, one-of-a-kind boutiques and well known favorite restaurants with "only-in-Arlington" eateries, Clarendon hums with activity morning, noon and night.
- Columbia Pike: Art deco buildings, small-scale, specialty retail and Arlington's greatest concentration of ethnic restaurants make the Pike a unique tourist destination.
- Courthouse: Courthouse boasts a growing array of restaurants, pubs and lounges, a movie theater and hotels just steps from Metro.
- Crystal City: Bright and vibrant Crystal City, Arlington's largest downtown, features an abundance of fine restaurants, cafes, specialty stores, outdoor movie nights, bike trails and D.C.'s premier physical theater, Synetic Theater.
- Pentagon City: With literally hundreds of stores and restaurants, The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, the Pentagon Row shopping and entertainment complex, and Pentagon Centre offer an incomparable shopping experience for all: designer-clad fashionistas, avant-garde trend-setters, and those who just like to keep it simple.
- Rosslyn: With monumental views of Washington, D.C., and its location right across Key Bridge from Georgetown, Rosslyn is a favorite place to stay, eat, shop and meet when visiting the National Capital Area.
- Shirlington: Stay in The Village at Shirlington, and you'll have fantastic food, entertainment and boutiques at your fingertips.