TripAdvisor community members have lots of good reasons why Arlington is the best place to stay, shop, dine and play when visiting the Washington, D.C. region.
1. “There are LOTS of excellent hotels in Arlington near Metro--just look at the reviews here.” -longhorn74
2. “Arlington County has a magnificent network of trails for hiking, biking or jogging.” - DrChipB
3. “The entire area is very safe. It is almost like being in a neighborhood with all the condos and apartments. Also a lot of very nice restaurants. I think the only danger was getting in the way of people running to the subway prior to 9:30 a.m. so they can get to work.” – VickyandDanny
4. “You will not get a better view of DC than the one from in front of Arlington House. The house itself is free to visit and can be walked through in 10-30 minutes depending on interest level.” – tom g
5. “It’s easy to see the monuments on your own.”-longhorn74
6. “And be sure to include the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It is such an inspiring and emotional ceremony.” -longhorn74
7. “The cemetery actually has an app you can download on your phone if you end up walking and are interested in reading about what you are seeing.” -bess325
8. “The stretch of Wilson Boulevard in Arlington between Ballston and Rosslyn has so many restaurants that you can't throw a stick without hitting one!” -longhorn74
9. “For a view not to be missed, try the SkyDome restaurant at the Doubletree. We were there for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, around sunset, and the views are amazing, the food was good to great.” – JT_1837
10. “Love seeing the wonderment when the youngsters can see & explore all that Washington has to offer.” – Kesh_grammy
11. “You'll find plenty to do regarding shopping and food within a very short distance.” - majshanman
12. “Stay in Arlington.” - hawaiiansiren
Learn more about Arlington on TripAdvisor.
Source: Arlington Travel Forum, TripAdvisor
Photo courtesy Crystal City BID.
Posted by Kathleen Murphy on September 14, 2017 | Permalink