Our Lady, Queen of Peace Catholic Church

Sixteen black Catholic families gathered in the South 2nd Street home of Edward and Alice Moorman one day in early 1945 to explain to representatives of the Richmond diocese the need for their own church. Bishop Peter Ireton later approved the establishment of Our Lady, Queen of Peace and the Holy Ghost Fathers agreed to staff it.

Our Lady, Queen of Peace Catholic Church Map