If you have one day
Our nation’s capital beckons!
- The National Mall, the U.S. Capitol, the Smithsonian museums, and the White House are all just minutes away on Metro.
- The National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial in Arlington honors those lost on September 11, 2001. Afterward take a few minutes to visit the U.S. Air Force Memorial, which is conveniently located nearby.
- Anchored by Nordstrom and Macy’s, the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City offers a world-class shopping experience with over 170 stores and restaurants.
- Next door, Pentagon Row boasts cuisines from around the globe and one-of-a-kind shopping from nearly 30 local and national retailers. Treat yourself to ice skating and hot cocoa in the winter and a weekly live concert series in the summer.
If you have two days
Discover national history at Arlington National Cemetery, then savor local flavor in Arlington’s Shirlington neighborhood.
- Connect with our nation’s past at Arlington National Cemetery. The 500-acre site – the most hallowed burial ground of America’s fallen military– includes the grave of President John F. Kennedy, Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial, and the Tomb of the Unknowns.
- Visit the nearby Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima), which pays tribute to every U.S. Marine who has died in battle since 1775. In the summer, linger into the evening to see U.S. Marine Corps marching and musical units perform the time-honored Sunset Parade.
- Find out why everyone’s talking about Shirlington! Known for its wonderful array of restaurants – most with sidewalk dining – plus specialty shops and the award-winning Signature Theatre, this Arlington neighborhood is all big-city fun at a small-town scale.
If you have three days
Venture beyond Arlington for the day, but come back at night to play!
- Tour George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens.
- Let your hair down in Clarendon – stop in for some of the D.C. area’s best live music at venues like IOTA Club & Café and Galaxy Hut; dance the night away at Clarendon Ballroom or Clarendon Grill; or simply enjoy a casual night out with friends at a popular spot like Whitlow’s on Wilson, RiRa Irish Pub, Lyon Hall, Liberty Tavern or Fuego Cocina y Tequileria.